We’re Hiring! – Support Assistant Vacancies
Blossom Ireland (www.blossomireland.ie) is an organisation that supports young people (aged 8-18 years) with mild to moderate intellectual disabilities and their families by providing fun, affordable and innovative activities that enables them to be as good as they can be. We are a dynamic and forward thinking service that prides ourselves on providing child-centred services for children/teenagers. We aim to nurture the younger children through our camps and equip the teenagers with independent living skills through our Blossom Buddies programme.
Due to service expansion we are now recruiting a panel of sessional Support Assistants.
Potential candidates should be available to work on Tuesday evenings (5pm-7pm), Saturdays and/or our Easter Camp (21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 30th, 31stMarch and 1st April) in the Raheny area, as well as any other future camps and activities we run. This position would suit someone who can commit to camps at holiday periods, or who is in a part-time position.
Role of the Support Assistant includes:
- Assisting the Group Leader in running the group or supporting a sessional tutor
- Providing the right amount of assistance to enable the children to participate in activities to meet individual needs and targets.
- Providing personal care to children.
- Behaviour management.
- Facilitating children to access activities in the community.
- Managing relationships with parents of the children with empathy and the utmost professionalism.
- Working well as part of a team, along with showing initiative.
- Participating in staff training and induction.
This is not an exhaustive list.
Support Assistant requirements:
- A third level qualification in childcare, Special Needs Assistant, Care Assistant, Montessori, nursing or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience of working with children in a special needs setting, particularly in a group setting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience of providing personal care.
- First Aid qualification an advantage.
- Availability in the evenings, at weekends and during Easter and summer holidays
Remuneration will be in line with candidates’ experience and qualifications.
To apply: Please send a detailed CV, including a letter of application (that clearly addresses the requirements of the role) to firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Dunne, Services Development Manager, Blossom Ireland, 2nd Floor, Raheny Shopping Centre, Howth Road, Raheny, Dublin 5, by 5pm Monday 29thFebruary 2016. This post is subject to reference check and Garda Vetting.