We’re Hiring! – Support Assistant Vacancies
Support Assistant Vacancies at Blossom Ireland
We are recruiting a panel of Support Assistants for our Summer Discovery Camps, which run for 3 weeks in August. Potential candidates should be available to work for our Discovery camps from the 4th to the 20th August inclusive, as well as any other future camps and activities we run. This position would suit someone who can commit to camps at holiday periods, or who is in a part-time position.
Role of the Support Assistant:
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Group Leader in running the group.
- Providing the right amount of assistance to enable the children to participate in activities to meet individual needs and targets.
- Providing personal care to children.
- Behaviour management.
- Facilitating children to access activities in the community.
- Managing relationships with parents of the children with empathy and the utmost professionalism.
- Working well as part of a team, along with showing initiative.
- Participating in staff training and induction.
This is not an exhaustive list.
Support Assistant requirements:
- A third level qualification in childcare, Special Needs Assistant, Care Assistant, Montessori, nursing or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience of working with children in a special needs setting, particularly in a group setting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience of providing personal care.
- First Aid qualification an advantage.
- Availability from 4th to the 20th August 2015 inclusive.
Remuneration will be in line with candidates’ experience and qualifications.
To apply: Please send a detailed CV, including a letter of application (that clearly addresses the requirements of the role) to firstname.lastname@example.org or Colette Fahy, Office Manager, Blossom Ireland, 2nd Floor, Raheny Shopping Centre, Howth Road, Raheny, Dublin 5, by 5pm Monday 18th May 2015. Proposed interview dates are the weeks of 8th and 15th June. This post is subject to reference check and Garda Vetting.