We’re Hiring! – Join the Blossom Team
Blossom Ireland Services Co-Ordinator
Contract: permanent, part-time (20 hours per week)
Based: in Dublin 5
Salary: €44,000 FTE
Are you an innovative, forward thinking professional with a passion for empowering young people with intellectual disabilities? Do you want to work with an award winning organisation with a proven track record of positively impacting children and teenagers with special needs? If so Blossom Ireland needs you.
About Blossom Ireland
Blossom Ireland is an award winning organisation founded by 2 mothers passionate in the belief that their children with special needs deserve the same opportunities as all children. Blossom Ireland has been delivering therapy led camps and activities to children with intellectual disabilities since 2011. We are a dynamic and forward thinking organisation that prides itself on providing child-centred services for children and teenagers. We aim to nurture the younger children through our Discovery camps and equip the teenagers with independent living skills through our Blossom Buddies programme. We are currently expanding our programme offering.
Responsible to: CEO/Co-founder of Blossom Ireland
Responsible for: Group Leaders, Support Assistants
Other internal contacts: Office Manager, Services Development Manager
External contacts: Parents, other voluntary organisations, schools and social work departments
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a young, cutting-edge organisation on the cusp of large expansion offering you the chance for real development, growth and fulfilment.
With direct access to the decision makers at all times you will have specific responsibility for co-ordinating the delivery and development of our Discovery Camps, our Blossom Buddies teen life-skills programme and weekly yoga classes. You will consistently deliver Blossom Ireland’s existing programmes to the high standard which they have become synonymous with, while also having input to our new and expanding services. You will become the fourth member (of permanent staff) of the Blossom team, which is a small and agile team working in a dynamic and innovative environment. One of your primary attributes will be the ability to foster positive relationships both with our young people, our families, and our staff.
- Plan, manage and implement the Easter and summer camps, while also co-ordinating our weekly teenage life-skills programme Blossom Buddies. This includes:
- Liaising and communicating with parents on application process, key dates etc.
- Assess the abilities of potential programme attendees to ensure Blossom Ireland can fully meet their needs.
- Recruit, induct and manage a multi-disciplinary sessional team
- Oversee the design and implementation of an innovative therapy-led camp programme
- Oversee and contribute to the Blossom Buddies life-skills programmes
- Grade programme activities to meet the varying needs of our children
- Manage relationships with the parents of our Blossom children with empathy and the utmost professionalism
- Lead and motivate staff and children during camp and manage critical situations
- Co-ordinate and oversee all other services (current and planned) as directed by Blossom Ireland
You might have worked in non-profit, public or private sectors. Occupational therapy experience would be a distinct advantage but other disciplines will be considered. You might be older or younger but will be amazing with people. You will stand apart from others by having a driving passion to offer young people with intellectual disabilities the same opportunities as their peers and enable them to be the best they can be.
- Proven management experience in the disability sector.
- A specific interest in the development of services, activities and programmes to cater for the needs of young people with an intellectual disability.
- Experience of working with teenagers with an intellectual disability and in particular in the area of developing a life skills programme a distinct advantage.
- A self-starter with exceptional interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with a wide cross-section of people.
- A team player with excellent, planning and organisational skills.
- A creative problem solver, who can think outside the box.
- Leadership skills demonstrated in a paid work or volunteer environment.
- Flexible & friendly personality.
- Computer literate (proficiency in MS Office).
- An appropriate third level degree such as Occupational Therapy, Social Care/Science, Educational Psychology, or other relevant qualification.
- Commitment to Blossom Ireland’s mission and values.
To apply: Please send a detailed CV, including a letter of application (that clearly addresses the requirements of the role) to firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Dunne, Services Development Manager, 2nd Floor Raheny Shopping Centre, Howth Road, Raheny, Dublin 5, D05 K718.
Interviews: You must be available for interview on the 17th or 18th of May 2016
Closing date: 5pm Monday 9th May 2016