We’re Hiring! – Services Coordinator
Blossom Ireland (www.blossomireland.ie) is an organisation that supports young people (aged 8-18 years) with mild to moderate intellectual disabilities and their families by providing fun, affordable and innovative activities that enables them to be as good as they can be. We are a dynamic and forward thinking service that prides ourselves on providing child-centred services for children/teenagers. We aim to nurture the younger children through our camps and equip the teenagers with independent living skills through our Blossom Buddies programme.
Due to service expansion we are now recruiting a part-time Services Co-ordinator. The Services Co-ordinator will take a leading role with the design, development and enhancement of all services, as designated by the CEO, and in ensuring excellence in programme delivery.
Responsible to: CEO/Co-founder of Blossom Ireland
Responsible for: Group Leaders, Support Assistants
Other internal contacts: Office Manager, Services Development Manager
External contacts: Parents, other voluntary organisations, schools and social work departments
This is a part-time permanent position for 15-20 hours per week.
- Plan, manage and implement the Easter and summer camps. This includes:
- Interviewing and recruiting the camp team
- Coordinating staff training and induction
- Managing relationships with the parents of camp attendees with empathy and the utmost professionalism
- Liaising and communicating with parents on application forms, key dates etc
- Leading and motivating staff and children and managing critical situations
- Coordinate and oversee all other services (current and planned) as directed by Blossom Ireland
- At least 5 years’ experience of project management in the social care sector
- A specific interest in the development of services, activities and programmes to cater for the needs of young people with an intellectual disability
- Experience of working with teenagers with an intellectual disability and in particular in the area of developing a life skills programme a distinct advantage
- A self-starter with exceptional interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with a wide cross-section of people
- A team player with excellent, planning and organisational skills
- A creative problem solver, who can think outside the box
- Computer literate (proficiency in MS Office)
- An appropriate third level degree such as Social Care/Science, Educational Psychology, Occupational Therapy or other relevant qualification.
A competitive package will be offered to the right candidate
To reply: Please send a detailed CV, including a letter of application (that clearly addresses the requirements of the role) firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Dunne, Services Development Manager, 2nd Floor Raheny Shopping Centre, Howth Road, Raheny, Dublin 5
Closing date: 5pm Monday 22nd February 2016
For full job description contact Lisa at email@example.com