Vacancy – Part Time Permanent Accounts Administrator
Permanent Part Time Accounts Administrator for Blossom Ireland
- Are you an innovative, forward thinking, accounting professional up for a unique challenge?
- Do you want to work with an award-winning organisation with a proven track record of positively impacting children and teenagers with special needs?
- Are you interested in a part-time weekday role at a competitive rate of pay?
If so, Blossom Ireland is looking for you!
About Blossom Ireland
Blossom Ireland (www.blossomireland.ie) is an award winning organisation founded by 2 mothers passionate in the belief that their children with special needs deserve the same opportunities as all children. Blossom Ireland has been delivering therapy led camps and activities to children with intellectual disabilities since 2011. We are a dynamic and forward thinking organisation that prides itself on providing child-centred services for children/teenagers. We are currently expanding our team to include an accounts administrator.
What we need
The Accounts Administrator / Bookkeeper is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports for Blossom. S/he provides financial support to the CEO through bookkeeping, payroll, banking and reporting services. Under the direction of the CEO, the Finance Administrator / Bookkeeper maintains all necessary and appropriate records, files and processes to ensure the smooth and compliant financial operation of the organisation, focusing on accuracy and transparency.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and input all postings to General Ledger and supporting accounts within Sage.
- Record all revenues including from donations, grants and service fees.
- Reconcile all accounts and prepare monthly financial statements, including Balance Sheet, Revenue and Expenditure, Performance to Budget / Variance and Cash Flow.
- Maintain financial records and filing, accruals and prepayments.
- Reconcile supplier accounts as required.
- Administer group benefits and prepare payroll files as needed for approval by the Executive Director
- Maintain records for taxable benefits
- Monitor remittances to Revenue Commission for source deductions
- Reconcile payroll costs on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Monitor cash flow and cash management
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements as required by CEO
- Prepare year end information for the accountant
- Prepare audit documentation if and when required
- Provide advice and recommendations on financial procedures and practice as required
- During busy periods assist in general office administration as directed by the Office Manager
The successful applicant will have:
- Good understanding of financial recording and reporting.
- Strong computer skills, including Sage, Excel and ideally Thesaurus payroll.
- Knowledge of SORP an advantage.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Methodical and thorough approach to work.
- Good organisation skills.
- The ability to juggle tasks and prioritise.
- A desire to show initiative in a small but dynamic organisation.
- Ability to be a team-player.
- Accounting technician qualification or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years recent related experience.
The Package: An attractive package will be offered to the right candidate.
Hours: Flexible: approx. 20 hours per month.
Location: Raheny Village, Dublin 5 (five minutes from Raheny DART station)
To apply: Please send a detailed CV including with a letter of application outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to; Colette Fahy, Blossom Ireland, 2nd Floor, Raheny Shopping Centre, Raheny, Dublin 5 D05K718.
N.B. – CVs received without an accompanying letter of application will not be considered.
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 31st January