Senior Accounts Administrator
Blossom Ireland is a rapidly growing organisation with big ambition. We develop pioneering programmes for young people with intellectual disabilities. We are passionate about ensuring that our teens are as prepared as possible for life as an adult. Our work has been recognised by Social Entrepreneurs Ireland, the Ireland Funds, Social Innovation Fund and Trinity College Dublin to name but a few. We operate to the highest levels of governance and we were recently awarded The Triple Lock standard by the Charities Institute Ireland.
We are currently expanding our team to include a senior accounts administrator. You will be joining the core team of permanent staff (currently a team of 5) and will have the opportunity to input into the direction and growth of the organisation.
Reporting to the CEO, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is a self-starter, organised, detail-oriented, and a strong team player. You will be working closely with the team, to ensure financial and governance matters are managed efficiently, monitored, reported and compliant with charity and financial regulations. You will maintain all necessary and appropriate records, files and processes to ensure the smooth and compliant financial operation of the organization, focusing on accuracy and transparency. This is a varied role which requires an experienced accounting professional who can demonstrate ability in a range of areas and who has exceptional attention to detail.
- Prepare General Ledger and supporting accounts within Sage
- Record all revenues including from donations, grants and service fees
- Reconcile all accounts and prepare monthly financial statements, including Balance Sheet, Revenue and Expenditure, Performance to Budget / Variance and Cash Flow
- Maintain financial records and filing
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements as required by CEO and audit documentation if and when required
- Prepare year end information for the accountant
- Ensure Blossom Ireland continue to adhere to the highest standards of governance. Update and implement policies for our staff, families, data protection and fundraising activities.
- As part of a small team you will be required to be flexible during busy periods when ‘all hands are on deck’ and be willing to take on other tasks or duties as requested by the CEO.
- Minimum 3 years recent related experience with an accounting technician qualification or equivalent
- Strong computer skills, including experience of SAGE financial accounting and reporting systems or similar.
- Knowledge of SORP an advantage.
- Ability to assist with Budgeting, Forecasting and Variance Analysis.
- Knowledge of development and implementation of financial policies, procedures and controls
- Experience of reporting to funders and Grant-giving bodies desirable
- Ability to stay calm under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Good organisation skills and the ability to juggle tasks and prioritise.
- A desire to show initiative in a small but dynamic organisation.
- Two bonus leave days (Christmas Eve and Good Friday)
- 24 hour week with Flexi-time
- Employees Assistance Scheme
- Employer Pension contributions of 5% after probation
- Salary €33-€35k pro rata
- Location: Blossom Ireland offices
How to Apply
If you feel you are a good fit and would enjoy working with us, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for applications is Tuesday April 16th 2019. Shortlisting will apply. We expect to hold interviews during the weeks commencing April 29th and May 6th 2019.