Head of Operations
Blossom Ireland is a rapidly growing organisation with big ambition. We develop pioneering programmes for young people with intellectual disabilities. We are passionate about ensuring that our teens are as prepared as possible for life as an adult. Our work has been recognised by Social Entrepreneurs Ireland, the Ireland Funds, Social Innovation Fund and Trinity College Dublin to name but a few. We are currently expanding our team to include a Head of Operations, to ensure Blossom Ireland has the necessary skills & capacity to support the delivery of our services both now and as we grow.
Reporting to the CEO we are looking for a creative, energetic and fun person to join our small, dynamic team. You will have relevant experience in a comparative role. You are proactive by nature and are happy to take the initiative to complete projects using your own expertise. You will have primary responsibility to ensure delivery of our strategic objectives and to guide the planned growth and expansion as set out in our latest Strategic Plan 2019 – 2021. Team work is critical at Blossom Ireland where we rely on one another to deliver. Someone who is both flexible and assertive, who remains calm under pressure, will work very well with us.
• Setting of objectives and deciding on measures, or key performance indicators, to assess how the objectives are being achieved, monitoring and reporting of same.
• Ensuring Blossom Ireland has the right structures, skills and resourcing capabilities to establish sustainability medium and long term.
• Refining operation management needs to maximise efficiencies within the organisation
• Mapping training needs for core team & identifying gaps & devising individual training plans
• Monitoring and evaluation of financial reporting & revenue generation both in the short and medium term This is by no means an exhaustive list!
• At least 5 years’ experience working in a similar role, ideally in the not for profit sector.
• Experience of strategic planning in a rapidly growing organisation essential
• Understanding of HR and employment legislation an advantage.
• Excellent analytical and decision-making skills with great attention to detail.
• A self-starter with exceptional interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with a wide cross-section of people
• A team player with excellent, planning and organisational skills
• A creative problem solver, who can think outside the box
• Energetic and likes to add value.
• Two bonus leave days (Christmas Eve and Good Friday)
• 37 hour week with Flexi-time.
• Employees Assistance Scheme
• Employer Pension contributions of 5% after probation
• Location: Blossom Ireland offices
• Salary €45-€50k depending on experience
How to Apply:
If you feel you are a good fit and would enjoy working with us, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for applications is Tuesday April 16th 2019. Shortlisting will apply. We expect to hold interviews during the weeks commencing April 29th and May 6th 2019.